Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How I Love Spring

Dear friends,

I dunno about you lads and lasses but I can feel spring in the air. Last week spring surely made her first steps into this year. The First Day of Spring Vernal Equinox, which is also called the spring equinox in the Northern Hemisphere, fell on March 20 at 12:57 P.M. EDT. I just love March! and I adore the coming of the spring, bringing new life onto this world. The word equinox is derived from the Latin words meaning “equal night.” All over the world, days and nights are approximately equal. Today, the Sun rose exactly in the east and it will set exactly in the west. I know I am a bit late with this tale, but I got all caught up with telling you about other interesting things - like how I got a Liebster Award, or how we should all live like butterflies or even about the wonderful and dark Cathedral of Koln/Cologne, amongst many other things :)
 One swallow does not make a spring.
Bluebirds are a sign of spring; warm weather and gentle south breezes they bring.
In spring, no one thinks of the snow that fell last year.
Don’t say that spring has come until you can put your foot on nine daisies.
Spring-time sweet!
The whole Earth smiles, thy coming to greet.
I love how the whole flora and fauna comes to life! Just last week, as I was going to work, on Friday I saw small snails running about the place in the fresh grass. It was such a beautiful sight for me! I always loved snails and I always loved when it rained and after the rain they would come out for a walk. I would always save them by putting them on the right side of the road so they would not be crushed by a car. I think their queen/king was very proud of me :) I also love seeing the daffodils and the dandelions come to life. The grass gets greener and flowers begin to appear one by one! There is more sun and people are much more happy and feel more alive. They say goodbye to winter and welcome to spring and for a brief moment, while gazing at the sun and clear blue sky, they might even forget of their troubles :)

Take your time, smile wide and look at the skies above. And tell me what you see :)

Yours truly,
The LadyBug Who Loves Spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment