Wednesday, March 18, 2015

crossover



For my third post for this blog I’m going to be showing you how to dribble, and one of the dribbling techniques I’m going to show you is crossover. In the book Winning Basketball for Girls, made me figure out how to do crossovers the right way. And for this, there are two easy step to getting the right crossover.

Step 1 When a defender approaches you, look at where they are in their defending position and choose the way you’re going to cross them. So my defender is defending me on my right side. And so in order to beat the defender down the court, I need to act like I’m going right.

Step 2 when I act like I go to the right “quickly bounce the ball diagonally in front of you, passing it over to your left hand” (73). That will make the defender loose track at what it’s doing. And after switching the ball to the left and, “cross your foot over just in front of the defender as you control the ball with your left hand” (73). 



Whats your favorite dribbling technique?

Miller, Faye Young., and Wayne R. Coffey. Winning Basketball for Girls. New York, NY: Facts on File, 1984. Print. "Howre Your Ankles, Poythress?" Bleacher Report. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Jan. 2015.







No comments:

Post a Comment